What are the advantages of dental bridges?
- Posted on: Mar 30 2020
Drs. Keri Smith and David Hiebert, dentists at NW Heights Dental of Portland, offer patients in and around Portland, OR solutions to improve their smile’s health, beauty, and function. One way in which patients can improve the efficiency of their smile after tooth loss is with the use of dental bridges.
What is a dental bridge?
A dental bridge is a restoration that is used to replace missing teeth. This special device is made to attach artificial teeth to the natural surrounding teeth to “bridge the gap” between teeth created by an extracted or lost tooth. At NW Heights Dental of Portland, OR, we often provide permanent dental bridges that are bonded in place and can last many years with proper care. However, there are dental bridges available that use metal clasps to attach the bridge to the existing teeth. These are less aesthetic and may not be a good choice for patients seeking a solution that requires minimal care and attention.
What are the advantages of a dental bridge?
A dental bridge is:
• Natural-looking. Our team strives to ensure that all restorations created in our practice look natural and improve the appearance of the smile, not take away from it. Dental bridges fabricated at NW Heights Dental of Portland are made to match the patient’s existing teeth in shape, color, and size.
• Permanent. Because the dental bridge is made to use the adjacent teeth for support, the dental bridge can be a permanent option for a patient. Patients will not need to remove their dental bridge every day for cleaning, making it a “no muss, no fuss” option.
• Longevity. With proper care, most patients will be able to enjoy their dental bridge for many years to come.
• Ease of care. Dental bridges do not need to be taken out as a partial denture might. This means that they are cared for while in the mouth. Patients will need to pay close attention to brushing and flossing around and under the bridge to reduce the risk of trapped food particles that can contribute to tooth decay and periodontal disease.
• Affordable. Most dental insurance plans offer partial or full coverage of dental bridges for patients, greatly reducing or eliminating out-of-pocket expenses for the individual.
Are you considering a dental bridge?
Find out if you are a proper candidate for a dental bridge by booking a consultation appointment and initial evaluation with our team. We are located at 975 Northwest Salzman Road, and an appointment can be made by calling (503) 646-1463. We welcome new and current patients in the area of Portland, OR to meet with our dentists and find out how they can improve the health and appearance of their teeth!
Posted in: Dental Bridges