Learn the six benefits of tooth-colored dental fillings in Portland, OR
- Posted on: Oct 30 2019
Portland, OR area patients who are seeking restoration of a tooth after tooth decay has developed may be confused as to the many options that are available to them. Metal alloy and silver amalgam are materials commonly used for fillings to address cavities. However, another option is available, and provides a more cosmetic benefit: tooth-colored fillings with composite resin materials.
What is a tooth-colored filling?
Fillings are commonly used to fill the holes left behind by tooth decay. Over the years, many different materials have been used. Fortunately, patients seeking a filling that provides cosmetic enhancement are pleased to learn about the benefits of composite resin bonding fillings. These tooth-colored fillings blend in with the natural tooth structure, eliminating the “look” of dental work having been done within the smile.
What are the benefits of tooth-colored fillings?
Composite resin bonding fillings have many advantages. They are:
- Natural-looking – composite resin is colored to match the patient’s natural enamel color. When the resin filling is placed, it is then practically indistinguishable from the natural enamel. This makes fillings almost invisible!
- Affordable – patients find that composite resin fillings are just as affordable as other options, including metal allow and silver amalgam.
- Effective- composite resin bonding does not expand and contract with temperature changes the same way other materials may, ensuring that the tooth is not only filled but protected from bacteria leaking into the exposed tooth.
- Biocompatible – composite resin bonding is safe to use in the smile as it is a biocompatible material.
- Completed in one appointment – some dental restorations such as crowns and veneers require a dental laboratory to create the restoration to be placed. However, composite resin fillings are done in just one appointment. The material is cured and hardened using a special light.
- Long-lasting – with proper care, resin fillings can last many years before requiring replacement.
Speak to our team about the benefits of composite resin fillings
Patients considering cosmetic dental fillings are welcome to book a consultation appointment with the team at NW Heights Dental. Our practice is committed to ensuring patients have options available to them that are most appropriate for their unique and specific needs. Contact the practice by calling (503) 646-1463.
Posted in: Tooth-Colored Fillings